FREE C9 Box Collectors Grade Packaging
Use order stacking to place your preorders and you can cancel your preorder at any time up until the product is instock! Restrictions apply on any item requiring a non-refundable deposit.
Buy This Item and Earn 155 Geek Points
|Alt Mode||Semi Truck And Trailer|
FREE ShippingADD TO CART
ToyGeek code: PEDX10REVIVE
WARNING: All items sold by Toygeek are intended for adult collectors. Items may have small parts or other elements not suitable for children under 16 years old.
4 out of 5 stars overall
July 18, 2020
This is a fantastic figure. The combined mode looks a lot like when they combined Optimus and Jetfire during the climactic battle in Revenge of the Fallen. Everything tabs together quite securely and he's very solid. The plastic on this figure is nice and the joints are nice and tight.
Going to the base Optimus itself, it's also a nice figure. In his truck mode, the cab is very reminiscent of the G1/G2 Optimus cab, and the black trailer gives it a nice G2 vibe. The cab is a joy to transform and has a very nifty and not overly complex transformation. The robot mode looks a lot like what you'd get if they blended the Michael Bay Transformers style with G1. The paint is very nice and it looks great in both modes. The only nitpicky thing about the cab is that the robot mode chest is on the back in truck mode, but that's just how it is. The trailer helps cover this. The front of the cab forms the robot's backpack, which I don't mind. The trailer itself can be fiddly to get transformed into the trailer mode due to how everything tabs together, but it's not too bad. All of the weapons and parts go inside or under the trailer, so there's no room in there for anything else. But, you won't lose anything either. Aside from being able to combine with Optimus, you can also take the jet pack part and the big gun part and combine them to make a drone which is reminiscent of Jetfire's SR-71 alt mode from ROTF. Optimus can even ride it like a hover board.
Size wise, the truck and trailer together are nearly identically sized to the G1 Optimus Prime in truck mode. The robot is somewhere between a Deluxe and a Voyager class in CHUG scale, but the combined robot is Leader class scale. So, he's a good size to go with a CHUG collection.
The trailer also works with the Studio Series Primes, except for the Bumblebee one. The hole in the SS-38 trailer hitch is too small to take this trailer or any other I've tried. The trailer also doesn't work with the Siege or Earthrise Primes, as their feet hit stuff under the trailer.
The accessories that come with this set are generous too. Aside from the big gun, you also get dual hand canons similar to Prime's guns from Dark of the Moon. You also get his ax, which is really cool. There are multiple places to tab the weapons onto the robot, so you can display him with everything attached.
So, all said and done, this is a great figure with lots of display options and it's a really good value. I think Perfect Effect did a fantastic job on it.
January 16, 2020
Not sure why there are no reviews for the jetforce commander but this is a terrible purchase riddled with odd problems. On the surface yes its great to look at but it has serious issues not mentioned anywhere, almost as if its designers became so lazy they forgot to iron out the details or simply wanted to keep it within the budget.
So what is wrong with this Prime?
Several things actually...
- Tiny arms compared to his body there is no symmetry. His legs in full robot form are longer than his arms this is with the extensions applied.
- His head is tiny right off the bat, they could have thrown in a snapable cover head.
- This thing easily dinges because transforming over time puts stress on evey individual part.
- Horrible truck mode, yes its nice to look at but the pictures don't do it justice. It takes hours to assemble the stupid trailer because its so small and tight you need tiny tools to get every nook and cranny to cram into place.
- Getting the tiny parts that make up Primes armor into the trailer is extremely tricky as there is literally no room to get it in and simultaneously lock the trailer together with the parts intact.
- The truck or cabby is even more retarded it takes unnecessary steps to get it into truck mode almost like they designed this thing without a lick of sense. Once it is fully transformed into truck mode the underneath of the wheels don't function this is because you have thick strips of plastic covering thier physical movement and these are part of the legs.
- The trailer also doesn't sit well on the truck it just sort of hovers between rear wheels either touching the ground or two of them off the ground.
- The instruction manual says nothing about using the legs as a battle platform, but if you look at the videos for the godforce warrior you can clearly make use of the legs in the same way. So no this isn't a three way changer, it is a four way changer they were just too lazy to reprint that into the manual.
Long story short this Prime figure is a great display piece but simply horrible to transform or play with if that matters. Its joints are actually very well made and its weight is well fitting for what it packs. For the price you pay for it it feels like there should be more to it though, I feel Takara Tome got everything that Perfect Effect neglected right these toys need to be as functional as they are great to look at. Sadly this is where PE failed.
August 10, 2019
Iâ€™ve been collecting transformers my whole life and I Gotta say one of the best Optimus primeâ€™s ever the cab and trailer are great The robot mode is great and the full armored combined mode is one of the best playable combine modes I have seen itâ€™s like a action figure that transforms The ratchets in the shoulders are tight The possibility is one of the best Iâ€™ve seen on any transformer The only reason I gave it a four out of five stars and itâ€™s just me nitpicking the high mobility mode is the weakest link even with the foot peg he really doesnâ€™t stay on it that securely like I said Iâ€™m just nitpicking but thatâ€™s the only negative thing I can say about this Optimus prime well worth the money
Subscribe to our newsletter for tons of awesomeness on everything Toygeek! Be the first in the know about our Huge Sales, New Preorders and the Hottest Instock items.