FREE Shipping on orders over $150
FREE C9 Box Collectors Grade Packaging
Use order stacking to place your preorders and you can cancel your preorder at any time up until the product is instock! Restrictions apply on any item requiring a non-refundable deposit.
Buy This Item and Earn 55 Geek Points
ToyGeek code: FURAIMODELOPTIMUS
WARNING: All items sold by Toygeek are intended for adult collectors. Items may have small parts or other elements not suitable for children under 16 years old.
4 out of 5 stars overall
February 06, 2020
I'm Korean, and I'm not good at English.
Quality is nice.
Proportion also nice.
Movable action is incredible.
Part material is not bad, but not good.
Almost detail colors were implemented with sticker.
Sticker is not bad, but does not stick well such as like duct
Santiago de chile, Outside of US
August 16, 2019
The Model has an impressive look. The cast is beautiful and the plastic is solid ABS wonder.
Six mile run, PA
June 30, 2019
I bought this kit because I thought it would make a few nice action photos. Instead, I've had to use more glue than expected just to get Optimus to stay together. The decals that came with the kit are not worth putting on the figure. They don't seem to stay in place. Painting the kit is the better option.
May 24, 2019
I put off building this guy for a while, mostly because I had other kits on the table, but Iâ€™m glad I finally took the plunge and put some time into this kit (and I pretty much had him completed over a weekend, so it wasn't even that much time.) I did choose to paint him rather than use the stickers (though, honestly, if youâ€™re inclined to just do an out-of-the-box build, youâ€™re still going to get a pretty great, dynamic figure with a ton of posability, crisp detailing, and a pretty painless build process.) I wish I could add some pictures to this review so I could show you just how magnificently this kit turned out. With a little bit of metallic red and blue paint, some silver and gunmetal highlights, a bit of neon to mimic the movie Energon weapon effects, and, honestly, a Reprolabel or two to replace the Autobot stickers on his shoulders (I used their IDW-inspired holographic faction symbols), and this guy just pops!
Also, I do have to comment on one detail that I absolutely loved; even though you have no way to really see it once the kit is built, they sculpted a Matrix of Leadership into Optimusâ€™s chest just under the windows. Attention to detail, even unseen detail, is appreciated.
I already have Attack Mode Nemesis Prime and Starscream waiting to be built (and every other kit but Shattered Glass Prime pre-ordered), and now Iâ€™m super anxious to get started on them, too. Fortunately, I have a weekâ€™s vacation coming up, so letâ€™s see what I can get done.
January 13, 2019
The front three crotch plate pieces keep popping off. That is my only gripe, aside from some difficulty putting pieces together because of tightness, but in all honesty that really doesn't bother me too much. He looks really dang cool, despite some may complain about the tone of grey, that doesn't bother me at all either.
I didn't buy him from tfsource, but I thought to leave a review anyway. If you love Prime, and model kits he's def really fun to put together. Again no regrets buying this guy at all. He's going to look so cool on display!
Hilton head, SC
November 06, 2018
It didn't take me long to build it but when i got done the right arm wasn't holding on to the sholder well so i glued the piece together but when i tried rotating the arm it broke
So now its on my shelf, with the left arm facing me. Overall I think it's still a great figure and it's really my fault that it broke so I'm still going to buy more of these model kits because it was still a good toy. Next figure... idw optimus prime.
October 02, 2018
I first thought when I saw teaser images of this kit, I thought that I just NEEDED this kit. It's dynamic, its different, and if there's any robot franchise I hold close to my heart as Gundam, its Transformers. So of course I pre-ordered the kit when I saw it.
Now after building, painting and finishing up this kit, I can say... Be ready for a challenge, its more than meet's the eye... (yes I did that.... MOVING ON)
- dynamic as hell, like seriously, this thing can strike a pose, I mean with a 3 point abdominal section it should.
- the surface details are crisp and clean, there are no surface imperfections to see or mold errors in my copy whatsoever
- the proportions aren't a lie in the pictures, what you see on the box is what you get when built, and there's no lies in its design. Which is a good thing when you think about 3rd party kits half the time.
- (most of) the colors are very nice. The deep blues and high crimson reds are both really defining AND character accurate.
- Its a glue hound. Even though its supposed to be a snap fit kit, a LOT of parts never wanted to stay in place, at times the holes were just a tad too small to fit the pegs, and other times too BIG...
- Like... 95% of this kit is made of ABS... Yes you heard that right. WHO in their RIGHT MIND thought THAT was a GOOD IDEA?! It explains the first con and the next one
- The grays on this kit are plain and boring. the original preview images (including the ones on the BOX) show the base grey it comes in to be much more deep and have a sheen to it.... nope, flat lighter than promised grey. Turn lemons to lemonade for the wheel rims, air tanks and exhaust pipes with some Molotow Liquid Chome and move on.
All in all, with the dynamic range of motion it keeps this kit in the high numbers, but the flaws that are present in the kit I can't be too generous with my rating.
6 out of 10. I kind of fear for the rest of this line of kits, cause Flame Toys and Furai Model aren't stopping here...
Subscribe to our newsletter for tons of awesomeness on everything Toygeek! Be the first in the know about our Huge Sales, New Preorders and the Hottest Instock items.